Auto Assigning Speakers creates the circuit between the speakers listed for the event on the schedule with their speaker bio listings on the Speaker list in the app.
To Auto Assign Speakers follow the below steps:
- Make sure their name is entered in both places exactly the same (on the schedule & on the speaker list). Example: Tom Jones on Schedule should be Tom Jones on Speaker list.
- Click the ‘Auto Assign Speakers’ option from the Action button (located in the Schedule module).
- For any speakers who were unable to link up you received a pop up that contains the link to an ‘Error Report’. Download the Excel report.
- On this error report you will see a tab for “Missing from Speaker List” and a tab for “Missing from Schedule”. These are the speakers where their names either are not matching up, or they’re listed in one place and not the other.*
- Make any necessary changes in the appropriate module on the CMS.
- Once you have made any necessary changes, click the Auto Assign Speakers button again.
- If a speaker has linked successfully you will see their last name in the Assigned Speakers column in the Schedule module on the CMS.
There are a variety of reasons a speaker may be listed on the error report. Some of those reasons can be:
- The speaker is completely missing from the schedule or the speakers list.
- The speaker's name is spelled differently on the schedule vs. the speaker list.
- There is an extra space in the speaker's name on the schedule vs. the speaker list.